20 agosto, 2008

Espantos #134

Background

I am walking outside with professor W, an older male professor, who is telling me where the library is and what the associated faculty privileges are. Not very far, a group of undergraduates (two girls and a boy looking awfully young) walks by. Classes start next week.

Dialogue

boy excuse me, are you professor R?
me (astonished but smiling) yes?
boy I am enrolled in your class, I saw your picture online and just wanted to confirm it was you.
professor W and you recognized her from the tiny picture on the department’s website?
boy yeah.
me (still smiling) well, I should check that picture… didn’t even know it was up :-)
(professor W and I walk towards the library leaving the students behind)
professor W they can find anything these days…

(I'm still speachless...)

Sem comentários: