30 janeiro, 2011

Numa sala perto de mim #140


Rabbit Hole (2010) a low budget movie about grief, that hits the right keys.

Becca Does it ever go away?
Nat No, I don't think it does. Not for me, it hasn't - has gone on for eleven years. But it changes though.
Becca How?
Nat I don't know... the weight of it, I guess. At some point, it becomes bearable. It turns out into something that you can crawl out from under and carry around like a brick in your pocket. And you forget it every once in a while, but then you reach in, for whatever reason, and there it is. "Oh right. That"... which can be awful, but not all the time. Sometimes it's kinda... [takes a deep breath] not that you like it exactly, but it's what you have instead of your son, so you don't wanna let go of it either. So you carry it around. And it doesn't go away, which is...
Becca [crying] which is what?
Nat fine... actually.

1 comentário:

Deepti Goel disse...

Wow claudia... you know me well and I hope it never changes :-)...my one and only shining star... i am gonna try and catch this movie but i am not so sure it will air in India... anyway will try and see if i can get a DVD :-)

i hope my comment on your earlier post reached you. the instructions are all in portuguese and i play the guessing game :-)
hugs