02 fevereiro, 2010

Numa sala perto de mim #122

Did you hear about the Morgans? (2009) is a(nother) trivial movie with predictable lines. Sarah and Hugh are a tad older than they should to make the whole thing credible. Nevertheless, and imho, not every movie you see has to enter the competition of the best movies you have ever seen. The Morgans got my money's worth for a few things:

- it reminded me how much I like her hat and that I'll get one once I'm back in the South... I know just the place!
- the beautiful landscapes of Wyoming and the natural and cultural diversity of the US (by the way, I don't believe for a single moment that Wyoming is that different from Colorado and that similar to Tennessee or Alabama).
- the mellow country feeling.

Walked out of the theatre with the old Hank Williams song in my head:

Why don't you love me like you used to do
How come you treat me like a worn out shoe
My hair's still curly and my eyes are still blue
Why don't you love me like you used to do

and thought of my friend Andy's rendition, with his band, Jo Henley... and I was smiling :-)

Sem comentários: