16 setembro, 2016

Palavras lidas #305

I Wish*
by Robert Ward

I wish you the courage to be warm when
the world would prefer that you be cool.
I wish you success sufficient to your needs;
I wish you failure to temper that success.
I wish you joy in all your days; I wish you
sadness so that you may better measure
that joy.

I wish you gladness to overbalance grief.
I wish you humor and a twinkle in the eye.
I wish you glory and the strength to bear
its burdens.

I wish you sunshine on your path and
storms to season your journey.
I wish you peace in the world in which
you live and in the smallest corner of the
heart where truth is kept.
I wish you faith to help define your living
and your life.

More I cannot wish you, except perhaps
love, to make all the rest worthwhile.
_________

* sent to me by a kind and dear friend.

Sem comentários: