20 dezembro, 2009

Caprichos #120

Been in a (varied) gospelly mood lately...



It hangs above my altar
Like they hung him from the cross
I keep one in my wallet
For the times that I feel lost
In a wooden frame with splinters
Where my family kneels to pray
And if you listen close
You'll hear the words he used to say (...)

Jack Johnson

I don't care if it rains or freezes
As long as I have my plastic Jesus
Sitting on the dashboard of my car
It comes in colors pink and pleasant
It glows in the dark cause it's iridescent
I'll take it with me whenever I go far
So give me my lady Madonna
Dressed in rhinestones and sitting on a
Pedestal of abalone shells
Driving 90 but I'm not scared
Because I've got my Virgin Mary
Assuring me that I will never go to hell (...)


Old negro spiritual

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus. (...)

Sem comentários: