28 abril, 2009

Numa sala perto de mim # 103


SISTER JAMES: So you did it. You got him out.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Yes.
(...)
SISTER JAMES: I don't think Father Flynn did anything wrong.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: No? He convinced you?
SISTER JAMES: Yes, he did.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Hmmm.
SISTER JAMES: Did you ever prove it?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: To whom?
SISTER JAMES: Anyone but yourself?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Nope.
SISTER JAMES: But you were sure.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Yes.
SISTER JAMES: I wish I could be like you.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Why?
SISTER JAMES: Because I can't sleep anymore.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Maybe we're not supposed to sleep so well. They made Father Flynn Pastor of Saint Jerome.
SISTER JAMES: Who?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: The Bishop appointed Father Flynn Pastor of Saint Jerome Church and School. It's a promotion.
SISTER JAMES: You didn't tell them?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Oh, I told our good Monsignor. I crossed the garden and I told him. He did not believe it to be true.
SISTER JAMES: Then why did Father Flynn go? What did you say to make him leave?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: That I had called a nun in his previous parish. That I had found out his prior history of infringements.
SISTER JAMES: So you did prove it!
SISTER ALOYSIUS: I made no such call.
SISTER JAMES: You lied?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Yes. But if he'd had no such history, the lie wouldn't have worked. His resignation was his confession. He was what I thought he was. And he's gone.
SISTER JAMES: I can't believe you lied.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: In the pursuit of wrongdoing, one steps away from God. Of course there is a price.
SISTER JAMES: I see.
SISTER ALOYSIUS: Oh, Sister James!
SISTER JAMES: What is it, Sister?
SISTER ALOYSIUS: I have doubts! I have such doubts!

Sem comentários: