07 abril, 2009

Caprichos #91

Morning walk to work. The ipod plays loud in my ears deliberately isolating me from the street sounds. I stop by the ATM to deposit a check. While standing still, I feel my head nodding, my foot lightly marking the rythm, and my waist wanting to wonder in & out to the beat of

kajaraa re kajaraa re tere kaare kaare naina...
(your kohl-lined eyes, your black, black eyes...)
mere naina mere naina mere naina juRwaa naina
(My eyes, my eyes, my twin eyes... )

and I smile thinking of all the people (from Colombia to South India) and fun times that song brings to mind. The deposit is done and the light subtle dance stops as I resume walking. I am more alert to the lyrics walking down the street than when the music is just background soundtrack for work. I sing with Alice

And hey, I'm not what you're looking for
I can tell you that I'm so much moooooooooooore...

hmmm... some times lyrics just hit you unexpectedly after listening to the song so many times :-)

Sem comentários: