24 agosto, 2007

Espantos #54

Location: my office.

Background:
In the office across the corridor two male voices discuss (sometimes loudly) the details of a model they are working on. In the small storage room next door, a microwave, a water cooler, and stored bottles of water. All doors are open.

The situation:
He comes into the office to discuss a few issues on the paper. Discussion takes longer than expected. He puts down his backpack and takes a seat. At some point falls into deep thinking looking at the floor. Few seconds of silence are broken by the clear and distinct sound of water falling on water. Must be a big container: the sound is endless... he raises his eyes and gazes at me with a mixed expression of horror and confusion. Though incapable of uttering any sensible inquiry, his terrified expression begs an explanation.

Dialogue starts at this point:
me: water fountain.
him (suddenly relieved expression): thank god it's water!!
me (laughing almost hysterically): sure it is! Very convenient to have a water fountain next door.

I pick up and raise my water mug and say cheers!

Sem comentários: