24 agosto, 2006

@The library

Before going to New York, NY in the afternoon...

This morning, getting some books returned to the library and some others checked out, I walk towards the circulation desk, where several people sit for assistance. Because two seats are empty I went towards the third one when someone RUNS into the second, right when I am passing by, and starts the conversation:

Circulation desk guy: Hi Claudia!
me (with an intrigued face wondering how this guy that I don't even recognize knows my name): hi, how are you?
CDG: good and you?
me: not too bad. Do I have another one? (another interlibrary loan* book at the desk for me)
CDG: yes you do, want to check it out?
me: yes thanks.
CDG: Just to let you know that if you want to renew it online you won't be able to because you have quite a few books checked out at the moment. So 3 or 4 days before it expires just stop by and we'll renew it for you.
me: ok, good to know!
______________

Don't know if it is the summer (less people around) or if it's my dissertation topic that makes me constantly go to the library to check out books, but something starts to sound wrong when the circulation desk guy at the library starts recognizing you and treating you by your first name...

*books that are not available at Mugar library (the university library) can be requested online from other libraries of the area, to be picked up at the circulation desk of Mugar. When they are available for pick up the system sends you an automatic email to let you know. Obviously I have done quite a lot of those lately...

Sem comentários: