26 julho, 2009

Palavras lidas #89

GLOUCESTER Are you now going to dispatch this deed?
FIRST MURDERER We are, my lord; and come to have the warrant,
That may we be admitted where he is.
GLOUCESTER Well thought upon; I have it here about me.
[Gives the warrant]
When you have done, repair to Crosby Place.
But, sirs, be sudden in the execution,
Withal obdurate, do not hear him plead;
For Clarence is well-spoken, and perhaps
May move your hearts to pity, if you mark him.
FIRST MURDERER Tush!
Fear not, my lord, we will not stand to prate;
Talkers are no good doers: be assured
We come to use our hands and not our tongues.
GLOUCESTER Your eyes drop milestones,* when fools eyes drop tears.
I like you, lads: about your business straight.
Go, go, dispatch.
FIRST MURDERER We will, my noble lord.

* Your eyes drop milestones] an expression very commonly applied to hard-natured persons who were not in the habit of weeping at all.

Sem comentários: