05 maio, 2009

Coisas que não mudam #94

I like your hat!

First heard it 8 years back. Busy NYC street. I’m waiting for the WALK sign to cross the street. Traffic is going by and pedestrians accumulate on both sides. The last car burns the yellow sign and immediately the pedestrians start crossing. I mind my own business and look straight ahead, but the intentional touch on my arm makes me turn my head back (still walking) that’s when he yells it back (not stopping either). Clearly not trying to make an impression as we’re never gonna see each other again… he must have really liked my hat.  Have none like that one: I like it a lot, but I don’t use it that often… I’m reminded of it every time I see a movie from the 1950s, all men wore such hats at some point.

Today was the second time. Had just given a step to start crossing the street on a DON’T WALK sign, but stopped immediately when I realized a pickup truck was rightfully turning right. The pickup also stopped allowing me to continue, but I stepped back to the sidewalk and signed with my hand that he was clear to go. When they turned the guy sitting on the front passenger seat, got really close. With the window rolled down he let it out quietly.
  Again, never gonna see me again, so he must have really liked the hat… but who doesn’t like a red sox hat?!

Great game tonight at (the new) Yankees stadium… can’t believe I’ve had ESPN since August, but only realized it today!

Sem comentários: