09 janeiro, 2008

Espantos #79

Airport security control line. After I take off my shoes, I place all my belongings in the x-ray machine and go under the arch. Here's my dialogue with the security officer:

him: is this your backpack ma'am?
me: yes it is.
him: do you have a frappuccino vanilla inside?
me: oh... yes I have, I'm sorry... I totally forgot about it. It's still unopened, can I have it now?
him: yes you may.

I put on my shoes, place the computer back in the backpack, hold on to my ticket and passport as he hands me the bottle.

me: I'll do it right away, can I just sit down and tie my shoes?
him: you may.

As I tie my shoes I unseal the bottle, open it and start drinking under the attentive eyes of the security officer who stopped checking all other passengers just to make sure I drink the whole bottle. I do it in timely fashion and throw the bottle in the trash can right by the bench.

me: I'm all done, thanks.
him (returning to work): take care and have a safe trip.

As I walk towards the gate where I'll be waiting for the next couple of hours I see souvenir stores with newspaper and drink stands -- vanilla fraps are sold there too ;-)

Sem comentários: