01 outubro, 2007

Free breakfast

"There's no free lunch" is the economists way of saying nothing is free, or all is paid for, or even if not with money you're paying for it with your time.

This morning walking down Comm Ave, there was a lady from a local catering company holding several brownbags while inquiring the passers by "wanna free breakfast?" Lost in my thoughts I raised my eyes, realized she was talking to me and took the bag. I don't know if it was a campaign to get people to eat breakfast, or if these were just left overs from a nearby seminar already underway around 10am. The fact is, I took the bag and was happy for it, even though I had had my breakfast earlier. Arriving the office I finally opened it and what do I see? A blueberry muffin and some sort or dessert with raspberries and blueberries on top... just the fruit that would make me eat neither.

Suddenly it dawned on me: of course there's no free lunch... what was I thinking?

1 comentário:

ana rita disse...

oh. o mundo conspira mesmo contra ti :(