05 outubro, 2007

Forgot to feed the dogs...

Sometimes I think I’m perhaps the only unusual person in the world. There are several reasons to believe so, for instance, I often dream I have another life. The type of dream is not puzzling, what is, is the regularity of the dream, or shall I say, the regularities in many of my dreams.

In my dreams, the house I go to at the end of the day is exactly the same: a studio on the third floor of a walk up building; the hallway is wide with tiny hexagonal white floor tiles and regular sized rectangular tiles on the walls, also white, except for a row of sharp green tiles shoulder height; there are several dark brown doors all around and the door to my apartment is just the one in the middle. I live not with one, but with two dogs: a German Shepherd – Mina – a real childhood companion and not just my imagination; and a Saint Bernard (!), not yet a fully grown adult but not a puppy either, that I decided to get not so long ago. The repetition of such details dream after dream makes me often wonder at which of my two lives, the actual or the dream one, is real. And then I think that some declared cases of mental insanity might actually have started like this…

Anyway, as in any other regular (what I suppose to be the regular dreams of other people) dream, there are connections to my real life: a busy schedule, getting home after a long day at the office, seminars. This morning I woke up worried: though both my dogs were happy and lively, they were also very thin… the back bones were showing. With such a busy life lately, I could not recall the last time I fed them! :-)

Sem comentários: