01 abril, 2015

Numa sala perto de mim #301

Searching for Sugar Man (2012) tells the incredible* story of Rodriguez, a potential Bob Dylan, who left the music business after two unsuccessful albums in the early 1970s. Somehow one of his records got to South Africa where his music quickly spread and marked an entire generation well into the fall of apartheid. The construction worker from Detroit was more famous than Elvis in a far distant country, and yet he was completely oblivious to it. As if this was not enough, he kept a low key life, his record companies went broke and as a result he was overall extremely hard to trace. The search itself is worth the film. The bringing him to South Africa concurs. I wonder...
____________

I wonder

Rodriguez

I wonder how many times you've been had
And I wonder how many plans have gone bad
I wonder how many times you had sex
I wonder do you know who'll be next
I wonder l wonder wonder I do

I wonder about the love you can't find
And I wonder about the loneliness that's mine
I wonder how much going have you got
And I wonder about your friends that are not
I wonder I wonder wonder I do

I wonder about the tears in children's eyes
And I wonder about the soldier that dies
I wonder will this hatred ever end
I wonder and worry my friend
I wonder I wonder wonder don't you?

I wonder how many times you been had
And I wonder how many dreams have gone bad
I wonder how many times you've had sex
And I wonder do you care who'll be next
I wonder I wonder wonder I do
______________


*Too incredible a story for April fools.

1 comentário:

ana rita disse...

Vi esse filme pela primeira vez há uns meses, muito bom!