27 fevereiro, 2011

Caprichos #159

American shops just need an excuse to make a sale. Yesterday at the Banana Republic store:

her ma'am have you got yours?
me sorry?
her (handing me a sealed envelope) in lieu of the oscars we are offering a special sale. You keep this envelope and at the registers when you open it, you find if your discount is 20, 30 or 50%. It works on all items around the store: shoes, perfumes, clothes, on sale, not on sale, everything!
me (smiling while taking the envelope) thank you.

So I continued checking stuff around the store and ended up trying a sweater that was originally market $110, had been marked down to $79.99, and was now marked $64.99... so $32.50 was the lowest possible limit and $51.99 the highest. I decided to take it. As I walk to the cashiers, the envelope woman walks up to me again.

her excuse me ma'am, do you have one of... (I wave the sealed envelope) Good, good.

The discount was 30%. Total price $45.49. Tennessee sales tax is 9.25%. Total tender $49.70... not bad!

Sem comentários: