20 abril, 2008

Espantos #106

Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada (winter)

Still on the Calgary people but this time about the weather...

Albertan 1 it's nice to come to Montréal and get a flavor of summer... it almost seems we're in Hawaii.
Québécoise yes, it's true... 25 celsius in April is quite uncommon even in Quebec standards. It was snowing on Monday you know...
Albertan 1 yeah, here it snows quite a lot... we don't get as much. We have a couple of snow storms in the summer just to annoy us.
me in the summer?? what do you mean in the summer? July?
Albertan 2 yeah, but not a lot. It's just because we have those huge temperature swings... once I went to teach in early fall, it was 25 celsius and I went in shorts and t-shirt. I taught for 2 hours and when I came i was snowing, temperature had dropped to -10... I didn't know what to do.
Albertan 1 once I was mountain hiking in the summer, so I was wearing shorts and t-shirt. I looked back I saw this huge curtain of water coming in our direction... when the cold front comes, it sounds like a train! When you hear that sound, you have to open your backpack, take out your winter gear, and get out of there as soon as you can: the temperature is gonna fall fast and probability of snow is high!
me enlightening!!

Sem comentários: